Monday, October 11, 2010

Lot of Tea....need that Sympathy

Tea Chronicles:
This past Saturday, I ventured into London for some fine dining and a little sight seeing, if the mood strikes. Turns out tea seemed to be the main focus. Well at least for my bladder...
First stop on the tea train: Dim Sum in Chinatown near Leicester Square (part of London's Theater District, a spot I have and will be spending a lot of time in) with Stephanie, a fellow Kingstonite, hailed from San Francisco, but full Chinese in background. So it was only customary that she show me the good stuff, i.e. tea. Instead of the cheap tea they initially offered us, she made sure we had jasmine tea. Now there was something about the taste that reminded me of upstate New York, don't ask me why, I will have a cognitive connection to memory later as I further study Cognitive Processes this term.
Next Stop and literally with only a half hour brake, was Kensington Palace for tea time with Laura, a home friend. She is not a fan of the hot beverage, so I took it upon myself to take care of the tea she might not enjoy. I convinced her to order the chocolate tea she was curious about instead of coffee. With my tea tray I got an orange tea that was recommended by the restaurant. Looking back I wish she got coffee. She did not like it, and as I promised, I took over. The chocolate tea was very much like watery hot chocolate, not necessarily my cup of tea (hah). The tea I chose, had a delightful fruity balance.
In total I would say I had about 8 to 10 cups that day of tea. Add non-stop food to the mix and you could tell how much my insides hated me, especially when all three of us met up to go on the London Eye. Luckily no tea there, but some of the most spectacular night views I've seen.
So you would think that day would put a tea bag damper on the rest of my exploration. Nope, it didn't stop me from having a nice cup of black tea and sweet cream the next morning.
As a matter of fact, I think i have more of a taste for the leaf based drink. Starbucks, you better be ready for my tea orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment