Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh Bugger, What a Week!

As I pop The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" into my computer for a listen, I feel this is a good time as any to relay the happenings of the past week.

I have a lot to say seeing is that it's been a while since my last post...I hope I can remember all of it.

I guess I will start with the earliest memory: So my school's "study abroad" program (not including European exchange students, odd enough) went on a day trip to Brighton, a city by the sea...i suppose that's the song "By the Sea" from Sweeney Todd referred to (courtesy of my musical theater friend, Ali), because there is no other evidence of beach life in England at all. It reminds me of Coney Island in that its one of those turn of the century towns re-configured in the '80s for tourists and has never been redone. Okay back to the story, so thinking we need water-proof shoes, I wear my sperry topsiders, heavy boating boots. Of course something has to happen to them. As expected while chilling by the ocean side with a few friends, a wave crashed into my boots, filling my entire show with salt water. I was forced to walk around Brighton and a little of Kingston in my bright red Virgin Atlantic complimentary socks, with little planes on them. Let's just say I can't wear those socks anymore :/
Other stories are shorter, I assure you...
Kingston has a really awesome underground live music scene, which is inspiring me everyday to pursue in one way or other some aspect of the music world.

In Harry Potter news: On a day trip to Oxford, I went to Christ Church College, the location for several scenes of the first movie. I have pictures (stay tuned for my pictures on facebook, they are coming soon).

So Finally this past Sunday, before catching the Second Part to Henry the Fourth (which in my opinion, despite my company's opinion, wasn't as entertaining to me as the first, although it did allow for quite a few laughs), my study abroad comrade and long friend from high school, Laura and I had lunch at Harrods, London's famous department store. After spending an afternoon there, I am quite convinced of its renown. THE PLACE IS A MUSEUM of expensive items ranging from clothes to food to furniture to anything you can think of really. I will go back, prepared with a camera and more money ;)

So there you go, woah, that was a lot. I'm seriously considering a different approach to this "blog" thing.
Well at least these happenings are entertaining my Swedish friend and flatmate, Cecilia a great deal.

3 comments:

  1. Excuse any typos, it was early in the morning:
    Shoe is supposed to be Show
    thank you Stephanie Lo (hah that rhymed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooow ....soon im gonna create my blog too..:) well i loved it ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor socks! Have you made it out to any pubs yet? Are you legal age there? Can't wait to see pictures :D

    ReplyDelete